Next Generation Patch 3.13
Thank you to everyone playing the Next Generation Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.
We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes have been combined into patch 3.13, which will be live on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One today.
- Fixed an issue that could cause shared bases to fail to download correctly for other players.
- Fixed an issue that caused some NPC starships to appear overly large while playing in multiplayer.
- Increased the quicksilver reward given for completing the daily mission at the Nexus.
- Added an option on all platforms that allows players to customise the strength of pad rumble.
- Added an option on PlayStation 5 that allows players to customise the strength of the trigger feedback.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some lighting scenarios to be overly bright on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue that could caused random gaps to appear in the terrain on startup, and reduced the frequency of blocky and mismatched terrain textures generally.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some planetary props to be invisible until looked at directly.
- Fixed an issue that caused inconsistencies in the numbering when viewing customisation options.
- Fixed an issue that could cause part of the tutorial to occur on an inappropriate planet.
- Fixed an issue that could cause base parts to hover when constructed atop of decals.
- Critical markers (such as the ship and any active missions) are not faded with distance when viewed in the Analysis Visor.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some photography missions to fail to recognise when players were on the correct planet.
- Fixed an issue that could cause camera shake to persist after warping.
- Fixed an issue that caused fireworks not to detonate correctly.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the tutorial from working correctly if players started on volcanic biomes.
- Fixed a number of issues with overly-loud base props.
- Fixed a number of issues with photo mode on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed a number of text and display issues with PlayStation 5 activities.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause incorrect differences in rock distribution between Ultra and other planetary quality settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused the atmosphere on some weird planets to be overly dusty.
- Fixed an issue affecting the placement of props on the terrain.
- Introduced a performance optimisation related to moving foliage.
- Introduced a small optimisation to terrain rendering.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when transferring items to/from other players on Xbox.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when predatory creatures bite something.
- Fixed a rare crash that could be caused when entering the galaxy map with a large number of active missions.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when landing on a derelict freighter in multiplayer.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur on projectile impacts.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scanning.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using weapons with non-standard muzzle flash colours.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when getting in the starship.
We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.