Origins Patch 3.02
Thank you to everyone playing the Origins Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.
We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes have been combined into patch 3.02, which will be live on all platforms today.
- Fixed an issue that caused some buildings to move, which could result in missions leading to distant buildings or bases being buried under the terrain.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent games from saving correctly. This fix fully restores any affected saves.
- On PC and Xbox, fixed an issue that caused the build menu to be inaccessible after going through a portal as part of a mission. A fix for PS4 will be available shortly. The issue may be worked around by saving and reloading the game.
- Introduced a significant optimisation for large bases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the portal coordinates for new worlds to be considered invalid.
- Fixed an issue that caused framerate stuttering on PC.
- Fixed an issue that counted extinct creatures towards the planet total in the Local Information Register.
- Fixed an issue that caused new creatures to be marked ‘Extinct’ when discovered.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect creatures to spawn on weird biomes.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Exocraft to destroy volcanoes and other large objects.
- Fixed an issue that caused some electromagnetic power hotspots to supply less power than before.
- Fixed an issue that caused warp tunnel audio to continue to play after the warp had finished.
- Fixed an issue that caused industrial power grid batteries to be used as bait for robotic creatures, instead of ion batteries.
- Fixed an issue that caused creatures to spawn in the opposite hemisphere than indicated in the discovery hint.
- Fixed an issue that could cause volcanoes to be placed upon buildings.
- Fixed an issue that prevented items from unlocking in the Quicksilver shop.
- Fixed an issue that allowed some traders to continue to sell deprecated items.
- Upgraded OpenVR to the latest revision.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Nexus mission to be abandoned as if the player was AFK, even though they had taken off before the AFK timer finished.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when an NPC ship took off from the planet surface.
- Fixed a number of crashes specific to AMD video cards.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when being hit by a projectile launched by an entity that was destroyed before the projectile hit.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a softlock when trying to purchase a frigate in specific star systems.
We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.