NEXT Patch 1.55
After the initial round of addressing high priority stability and performance issues, the team have been working intensely on a large number of gameplay fixes and improvements. As always, thank you for playing the game and taking the time to report any issues you encounter!
We have now released update 1.55 to PC, PS4, and Xbox One, which includes the fixes and improvements detailed below. Note that this patch will be labelled ‘1.56’ on PS4 only.
- Fixed a memory leak in the UI
- Fixed a number of crashes to do with freighters
- Fixed a crash that affected particular planets
- Fixed a crash that could occur while creating a race track in a borrowed Exocraft
- Reduced texture memory usage to improve overall stability
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in The Purge mission
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in the Ghost in the Machine mission
- Fixed an issue where players would receive incorrect mission instructions while returning with the Mind-Arc
- Fixed an issue where Sentinels would chase players forever if they did not complete the final Weapon Specialist mission
- Fixed an issue that was causing dialogue and rewards at certain found buildings to repeat (including Traveller graves and portal glyphs)
- Fixed an issue that caused players upgrading their save to not have any primary missions if they were on the tutorial for expanding their inventory when they upgraded to NEXT
- Fixed an issue that prevented pre-NEXT saves from accessing the Base Computer Archive missions
- Fixed an issue where some non-existent base parts were showing in the Guide
- Fixed an issue where legacy saves would not know the recipe for microchips, the large refiner and some advanced survival products
- Fixed an issue where trade commodities were not available for sale in the space station
- Fixed an issue where player ships could shoot themselves in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where some base parts were not available in the blueprint analyser
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck if they died before using the Navigation Data in the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where the labels of hot / cold thermal protection upgrades were the wrong way around
- Fixed an issue where the Efficient Launch Thruster upgrade was not learnable in space stations
- Fixed an issue where terrain edits caused by building parts would regenerate in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where Base Computers placed inside other bases could not be deleted
- Fixed some instances of an issue where ships would all spawn on the same landing pad
- Fixed a number of incorrect refiner recipes
- Expanded the available refiner recipes
- Removed the chance to get nanites from Buried Technology Modules
- Reduced the frequency of storms in some situations
- Slightly increased the cost of launch fuel, but made one canister entirely refill the thrusters
- In normal mode, slightly reduced the base rates of hazard and life support fuel usage
- Slightly reduced the radius at which Sentinel drones will investigate players
- Reduced the time required to scan discoveries with the Analysis Visor
- Increased the recharge rate of the jetpack when onboard a Space Station
- Since the release of No Man’s Sky NEXT, farm plants have grown in real-world time (rather than game time), allowing farms to continue growing while you are away from the game. As a consequence, adjusted farming times + prices.
- Placed the Space Anomaly marker on the entrance to the Anomaly rather than the centre of the model
- Fixed an issue where mission markers would not attach to the correct base
- Reduced the number of whispering eggs around Abandoned Buildings
- Fixed an issue with rain audio
- Added audio to the target tagging UI
- Fixed a bug in the auto-aim system concerning large creatures
- Reduced the critical hit zone for biological horrors
- Fixed an issue in creature replication that could cause creatures to freeze
- Fixed an issue where mordite would not be awarded to the correct player when killing creatures in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue that could cause the third person camera to turn sluggishly
- Fixed an issue where players respawning in Survival mode would have no life support and rapidly die again
- Fixed an issue where some of Nada + Polo’s missions had untranslated text
- Fixed an issue where some of the procedural missions given by NPCs had untranslated text
- Fixed an issue where some exotic biomes incorrectly reported their weather as fine or calm
- Fixed an issue where chairs did not display their text correctly
- Fixed an issue where the launch fuel tutorial did not trigger correctly
- Fixed a number of incorrect timings of mission update messages
- Fixed an issue where activating the torch did not close the quick menu
- Fixed an issue where Infra-Knife accelerator projectiles would originate from behind the player’s ship.
- Fixed an issue where the freighter would not be visible to other players in multiplayer
- Fixed a number of issues where expeditions would reward the wrong player in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where fleet frigates would return to the wrong location on completion of an expedition.
- Fixed an issue where changing between first and third person camera while on a ladder would break player animations.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose access to the main menu after reloading a save just after upgrading to NEXT
- On PC, pressing P will default to opening the Log rather than Options. Options continues to be the default option for Esc.
- Fixed an issue where Korvax eye textures would become misaligned.
- Fixed an issue where falling animations would not play
- Fixed an issue where the player would play the sliding animation while swimming
- Fixed an issue that would stop players from firing or reloading their Multi-Tool in specific situations
- Fixed an issue where Multi-Tool lasers would bend in the wrong direction.
- Fixed an issue where the Multi-Tool glitched while going into the Analysis Visor
- Fixed a number of issues for players in specific timezones
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.